NYC Marathon 2016 timeline
ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES
- Thursday, April 28, 2016: Complete paper application and return to Eleanor Cox if you reside in the United States; and to Gerle Shagdar if you reside outside the United States.
- Monday, March 28, 2016: Invitations to register online at NYRR.org will be sent to Ambulatory and Pushrim athletes by email.
- Friday, April 29, 2016: Drawing conducted for Handcycle Athletes; Handcycle Athletes selected will receive email invitations to officially register online.
- Monday, May 16, 2016: All online registrations must be complete.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016: Achilles Athlete Registration Closes for All (Ambulatory, Pushrim and Handcycle Athletes).
- Friday, July 1, 2016: Guide Applications Go Live on the Achilles International Website.
- Friday, July 29, 2016: Guide Applications Close on Achilles International Website.
- Wednesday, August 31, 2016: Registration for Invited Guides Closes on NYRR Website.
RACE DAY VOLUNTEERS
These are Start Village / Reunion area helpers who do NOT need photo ID's.
- Wednesday, July 20, 2016: NYRR Volunteer Website opens.
- Wednesday, August 31, 2016: NYRR Volunteer Website closes.
Photo ID's ARE required because these folks have specific assignments on race day such as driving vehicles, handling equipment.
- Thursday, September 1, 2016: NYRR Registration opens.
- Friday, September 30, 2016: NYRR Registration closes.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday before Marathon Sunday is when Volunteers, Guides and Athletes obtain credentials, and racing materials at the Jacob Javits Center.