NYC Marathon 2017 timeline
ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES
- Monday, February 6, 2017: The paper application will be posted here. Complete it, submit to your chapter/program leader for approval, and make sure it is received by Eleanor Cox if you reside in the United States; and by Gerle Shagdar if you reside outside the United States. Deadline for receipt: Monday, April 24, 2017
- Friday, April 28, 2017: Drawing conducted for Handcycle Athletes; Handcycle Athletes selected will receive email invitations to officially register online.
- Monday, May 1, 2017: Invitations to register online at NYRR.org will be sent to Ambulatory and Pushrim athletes by email.
- Monday, June 5, 2017: All online registrations must be complete.
- Saturday, July 1, 2017: Guide Applications Go Live on the Achilles International Website.
- Monday, July 31, 2017: Guide Applications Close on Achilles International Website.
RACE DAY VOLUNTEERS
These are Start Village / Reunion area helpers who do NOT need photo ID's.
- Wednesday, July 20, 2017: NYRR Volunteer Website opens.
- Wednesday, August 31, 2017: NYRR Volunteer Website closes.
ACHILLES STAFF & VIVs (Very Important Volunteers)
Photo ID's ARE required because these folks have specific assignments on race day such as driving vehicles, handling equipment, and managing people.
- Friday, September 1, 2017: NYRR Registration opens.
- Friday, September 29, 2017: NYRR Registration closes.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday before Marathon Sunday is when Volunteers, Guides and Athletes obtain credentials and racing materials at the Jacob Javits Center.