NYC Marathon 2018 timeline
ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES
Want to pay your own entry fee or take advantage of the various ways of getting into the NYC Marathon? Log into your NYRR account and apply for the Marathon between Jan. 15 and Feb. 15, 2018.
- Monday, February 5, 2018: Download and print this paper application. Complete it, submit to your chapter/program leader for approval, and make sure it is received by Eleanor Cox if you reside in the United States; and by Gerle Shagdar if you reside outside the United States. Deadline for receipt: Monday, April 26, 2018
- Friday, March 2, 2018: Drawing conducted for Handcycle Athletes; Handcycle Athletes selected will receive email invitations to officially register online.
- Monday, April 30, 2018: Invitations to register online at NYRR.org will be sent to Ambulatory and Pushrim athletes by email.
- Monday, June 4, 2018: All online registrations must be complete.
- Sunday, July 1, 2018: Guide Applications Go Live on the Achilles International Website under the volunteer tab.
- Tuesday, July 31, 2018: Guide Applications Close on Achilles International Website.
RACE DAY VOLUNTEERS
These are Start Village / Reunion area helpers who do NOT need photo ID's.
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018: NYRR Volunteer Website opens.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018: NYRR Volunteer Website closes.
ACHILLES STAFF & VIVs (Very Important Volunteers)
Photo ID's ARE required because these folks have specific assignments on race day such as driving vehicles, handling equipment, and managing people.
- Monday, September 3, 2018: NYRR Registration opens.
- Monday, October 1, 2018: NYRR Registration closes.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday before Marathon Sunday is when Volunteers, Guides and Athletes obtain credentials and racing materials at the Jacob Javits Center.