NYC Marathon 2018 timeline
ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES
- Monday, February 5, 2018: Download and print this paper application. Complete it, submit to your chapter/program leader for approval, and make sure it is received by Eleanor Cox if you reside in the United States; and by Gerle Shagdar if you reside outside the United States. Deadline for receipt: Monday, April 26, 2018
- Friday, March 2, 2018: Drawing conducted for Handcycle Athletes; Handcycle Athletes selected will receive email invitations to officially register online.
- Monday, April 2, 2018: Invitations to register online at NYRR.org will be sent to Ambulatory and Pushrim athletes by email.
- Monday, June 4, 2018: All online registrations must be complete.
- Sunday, July 1, 2018: Guide Applications Go Live on the Achilles International Website under the volunteer tab.
- Tuesday, July 31, 2018: Guide Applications Close on Achilles International Website.
RACE DAY VOLUNTEERS
These are Start Village / Reunion area helpers who do NOT need photo ID's.
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018: NYRR Volunteer Website opens.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018: NYRR Volunteer Website closes.
ACHILLES STAFF & VIVs (Very Important Volunteers)
Photo ID's ARE required because these folks have specific assignments on race day such as driving vehicles, handling equipment, and managing people.
- Monday, September 3, 2018: NYRR Registration opens.
- Monday, October 1, 2018: NYRR Registration closes.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday before Marathon Sunday is when Volunteers, Guides and Athletes obtain credentials and racing materials at the Jacob Javits Center.